[CWN-Summit] WiFi Hotspot Survey

Laura Forlano laura at nycwireless.net
Tue Oct 3 07:27:56 CDT 2006

Hi All.

I'm conducting a WiFi survey in New York in partnership with
NYCwireless for my dissertation in Communications at Columbia
University.  I just launched it yesterday.  I believe that the survey
will help us learn about the way in which WiFi hotspots are being
used so that we can innovate the next generation of content and
applications for these networks.

Using SurveyMonkey, it is very easy to customize a version of this
survey for any group that would like to participate by running a
localized version of the survey.  For the first survey question, I
would need to add a list of your hotspots or at least the most highly
trafficked hotspots.  The rest of the survey would be the same and
your users would also be eligible for the prize drawing.  I am happy
to add additional questions if you have specific questions that you
would like to ask you users.  The survey is in English and it will
run for the next three months.  Here is a link where you can test out
the survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=654672665590

Once I've customized the survey for your location, you can either e-
mail a link to your members or I can create a pop up window for your
captive portal page or Website.  I would give you access to the data
so that you can learn about the use of WiFi on your hotspots.  Let me
know if you are interested.  Thanks.

Best,
Laura

Laura Forlano
Ph.D. Candidate, Communications, Columbia University
Board Member, NYCwireless
(212) 477-9542 (h) (646) 245-5388 (c)