[CWN-Summit] Community Wireless Roundtable

Laura Forlano laura at nycwireless.net
Tue Oct 31 18:23:09 CST 2006

Hi All.

On September 28, a number of community wireless leaders from North
America held an inaugural Community Wireless Roundtable via Skype in
order to discuss the latest developments in community wireless
organizations in New York, Champaign-Urbana and Montreal.  The lively
discussion demonstrated the benefits of more regular networking
across community wireless groups nationwide and worldwide.  This
networking across organizations is especially important over the next
six months in the lead up to the International Summit for Community
Wireless Networks, which is from May 18-20, 2007 at Loyola College in
Columbia, Maryland.

It is for this reason that I would like to invite you to participate
in the 2nd monthly Community Wireless Roundtable on Monday, November
6 at 10AM EST.  The call will take place via Skype on the first
Monday of every month.  Please send me your Skype id if you would
like to participate.  Ideally, we would like to have one
representative from each community wireless group participate.  All
discussions will be recorded and documented for future reference.

Last month's discussion can be found at the link below:
http://www.sociabledesign.com/
Community_Wireless_Roundtable_Sep_28_2006.mp3

Please let me know if you have thoughts or questions.

Best regards,
Laura

Laura Forlano
Ph.D. Candidate, Communications, Columbia University
Board Member, NYCwireless
(212) 477-9542 (h) (646) 245-5388 (c)