[CWN-Summit] Remote Monitoring of Wireless Networks

Bob Dixon dixon.8 at osu.edu
Wed Jun 13 10:12:13 CDT 2007

We would like to monitor the health of several community wireless
networks located in rural areas.
They are connected to the Internet via satellite links which we
provide.  We already monitor things like routers etc that have remote
monitoring capabilities.  But we are finding that is not enough. We
need to know if the wireless signal strength is normal at various
points, if traffic is getting thru etc.
Are there easy and inexpensive ways to do this?

Bob

--
Robert S. Dixon, Ph D, PE
Chief Research Engineer