[CWN-Summit] care package for Mike Peralta re: SD wildfires

Christian Sandvig csandvig at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 25 16:54:48 CDT 2007

Dear summit friends,

I have just returned from San Diego and I'm sorry to report that Mike
Peralta has lost his home in the San Diego wildfires.  Mike is the network
engineer of the Tribal Digital Village, a networking project serving rural
San Diego Indian reservations that I think many of you are already familiar
with.  He has been a regular attendee at the wireless summits.  I am putting
together a care package to mail to him to show that his friends and
colleagues in wireless networking are thinking about him.  If you would like
to contribute to the care package, please email me.

I don't speak for TDV and I am writing this only as myself, but I gather
that the TDV network is also offline.  E-mails to Mike's TDV address (and
all TDV addresses) appear to be bouncing right now, so that is not a viable
way to offer condolences or support.  However, I am happy to at least report
that everyone is safe.

Christian