[CWN-Summit] care package for Mike Peralta re: SD wildfires

Michael Weinberg president at personaltelco.net
Sun Oct 28 16:20:04 CDT 2007

On Oct 27, 2007, at 6:02 PM, Faith Swords wrote:

> No, that's fine, Dave.
>
> I think it would be helpful for everyone to know what's needed
> right now.

Our house burnt down in the '91 Oakland hills fire. I just asked my
parents what helped then, and they both recommended Macy's gift
certificates. They allow folks to buy clothes and housewares, and
there should be many accessible stores.

Gift certificates to the GAP are good too, especially if he has a
family. One of my first memories from after the fire was standing
together in the downtown GAP getting long pants and shirts, as we
evacuated in shorts and t-shirts.

The first weeks after a fire, in my experience, were about getting
back to a routine, being able to work, cook and dress yourself as you
normally would is really important.

Michael