[CWN-Summit] Re: care package for Mike Peralta re: SD wildfires

Steve Okay armadilo at inveneo.org
Sun Oct 28 17:24:21 CDT 2007

On Oct 28, 2007, at 10:00 , cwn-summit-request at lists.cuwireless.net
wrote:

> I think it would be helpful for everyone to know what's needed
> right now.
>
> ... Otherwise we all end up sending canned soup and Cheerios or
> something :)

Agreed. One of the first things I learned from my Katrina experiences
was that,
  unless you know *exactly* what's needed and what's been taken care of,
the best thing you can do is send money and trust that those "on the
ground"
nearest the situation will put it to where it's needed most. Money
travels quickest
and is the most mutable source of aid there is.

---Steve