[CWN-Summit] Cell Phone Mesh?

Joshua Breitbart joshua at ethoswireless.com
Wed Apr 2 22:12:36 CDT 2008

This isn't exactly what you're talking about, but these folks are in
your neighborhood and seem like an imaginative bunch:
http://mobileactive.org/artivists-and-mobile-pho

Let me know if you connect with them. I'm looking for folks who can
bring some cell phone hacking skills to the Allied Media Conference.

Josh

At 6:48 PM -0700 4/2/08, Xavier Leonard wrote:
>Hi--
>Checking to see if anyone here can put in touch with someone working
>on creating peer-to-peer  communication between cell phones,
>independent of a cellular service provider-- maybe using the
>transceiver capabilities of the devices to deploy a mesh network for
>phone calls.
>If you've heard of any related work, please let me know.
>
>For the uninitiated, here's a link to company that's working on a
>commercial version:
>http://www.terranet.se/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=87
>--
>Xavier Leonard
>Heads On Fire::Fab Lab
>4305 University Ave., Suite 130
>San Diego, CA 92105
>ph.:619.964.6522 fx.:954.208.9573
>X.L at headsonfire.org  http://www.headsonfire.org
>"Fulfilling the promise of technology through community centered
>collaborations."

_____
Joshua Breitbart
The Ethos Group: Your guide to the wireless future.
www.ethoswireless.com * 202-4705257