[CWN-Summit] IS4CWN Wrap-Ups and Documentation.

Sascha Meinrath sascha at aya.yale.edu
Thu Jun 5 08:29:20 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,

Wow -- what a fantastic Summit!!!  Over 150 people came through over the course
of the 3-day gathering.  Thanks to everyone who made this year's Summit so
phenomenal!  Everyone who registered should now been added to the Summit e-mail
list (apologies if you were already subscribed under other e-mail addys and the
like).

Folks have been doing some great documentation of last week's International
Summit for Community Wireless Networks -- for those who weren't there (and those
who were), I thought I'd point out a few favorites of that people have sent
along to me:

Steven Mansour has pulled together an *awesome* slideshow (with music!) that, I
think, captures a lot of the energy, excitement, and conspiring (and debauchery)
that went down at this year's Summit.  This photo-video is really spectacular --
it's worth watching just for the cool effect of the medium -- check it out at:
http://stevenmansour.com/en/videos/2008/june/03/is4cwn_2k8_slideshow

Matt Westervelt took (last I looked) some 897 pictures at the Summit.  Many of
them are up at: http://flickr.com/photos/mattw/sets/72157605383291643 -- lots of
great shots & candids.

Angela Siefer has a great synopsis of Harold Feld's rousing plenary talk titled,
"Policy Hackers for Good," available on her blog:
http://angelasiefer.com/wifisummit

If you've created documentation that you'd like to share, please pass it along.
  As always, please tag your media "IS4CWN".

--Sascha