[CWN-Summit] Seeking advice on low-cost mesh node wifi in St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Tue Nov 18 16:47:36 CST 2008

En/na Stelios Valavanis ha escrit:
> you also said there were about 600 internet connections. so that's almost 1
> internet connection for every 10 nodes. and you didn't need to do any mesh?

I'm sorry, I guess there was a misunderstanding here.

When talking about 600 I was referring to what we call the wireless
backbone with dedicated (wireless) ptp links, not connections to the
internet.
The connections to the internet, as well as other services, are listed here:
http://guifi.net/en/node/3671/view/services
Currently I do see about 60 listed, not 600. However might be other
internets not listed by the users (unknown number).

We *DO* mesh, what we don't do is the mesh restricted to ad-hoc mode, we
do mesh also in infrastructre. If you like to restrict the "mesh" to
ad-hoc mode, that would create another terminology misunderstanding ;)