[CWN-Summit] Seeking advice on low-cost mesh node wifi in St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Stephen Ronan listsubs0506 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 19 10:36:41 CST 2008

Good point. I don't have the relevant experience to be able to vouch for
Meraki's continuing efficacy with more than a hundred nodes all
interlinked on the same channel and network in a compact neighborhood. I
haven't tried it and would be wary of doing so. At the same time, it
would seem that, in most circumstances, if one started to see problems
over a certain density, one could  start to use additional networks
using separate channels. A while back, with a network of close to a
hundred Netgear WGT634U devices running Roofnet in a single housing
development, we needed to separate a cluster of the centrally located
ones onto a separate channel and that worked well.
I'm not sure what exactly Meraki is doing for its mile square or larger
deployments <http://meraki.com/solutions/business/municipal/>... whether
devices are all on the same network running on the same channel, how
many devices they consider adequate for such a deployment, what
experience they have with highly concentrated networks with a great many
devices in a single very dense residential neighborhood...
   - Stephen