[CWN-Summit] Buy this satellite

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Sun Dec 5 21:13:48 CST 2010

Hi!

> Indeed.  This is very much what buythissatellite.org and its genesis in
> ahumanright.org is all about.

I think we all here are about that. :-)

We have also decided that we will make our nodewatcher system into a
general system for deployment of community networks. Similar to what
Trac is for software development (helping developing open source
software), we are doing a system for helping developing open/community
networks. You will install it and it will help you with best-practice
guiding. And everything will be customizable with addons and modules.
Similar how Trac-hacks are possible. And I believe this will allow
faster and easier growing of networks around the world. And then we just
have to work on interconnecting them.

> But after all, if we aim for the moon, we might just wind up with a
> satellite instead ;)

Do not forget about our plans for trans-atlantic fiber cable. ;-)

Mitar