[CWN-Summit] Law change

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Thu Dec 9 08:42:43 CST 2010

Hi!

> Radio ECO thinking and training is much more important than raising a
> limit. This will ensure that when that long link (and not only) is
> really needed you will have the space to create it.

I cannot agree more with that. Our nodes should whisper and not scream.

> Directional antennas should not only be recommended, but effectively
> "imposed" as a rule when it comes to linking. It really makes sense.

Yes, but you very soon (too soon) get over the limits. This is what I am
saying. Why would somebody be punished because he used very very
directed antenna because he wanted to leak very little in other directions?

What I am arguing for is that using directional antennas should be
preferred and (by law) encouraged. And I am arguing that what it is
important is how much energy you bring into the air and not how you
shape this energy. So limits should be for the energy, not that you
cannot use something because you know how to squeeze everything possible
from this energy you are allowed to use.

Mitar