[CWN-Summit] that was a fun blog post to write

Mario Behling mb at mariobehling.de
Fri Jun 18 15:14:33 CDT 2010

Hi Phil,

for refurbished or low spec computers also have a try with lubuntu. I
started the distro a year ago and we have a stable version with the
last ubuntu release cycle: http://lubuntu.net

There was a nice review in the last fullcircle podcast as well:
http://fullcirclemagazine.org/2010/06/10/full-circle-podcast-8-more-opinion-than-you-can-handle/#

All the best,

Mario

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Phil Shapiro <pshapiro at his.com> wrote:

> hi faith, sascha, bogdan, ben and others,
>
>   that was a fun and easy blog post to write for PCWorld.  when others
> blaze the trail, it's ever so easy to follow where they lead.
>
>     and i'm so thrilled that wasabinet is installing ubuntu on
> refurbished computers, too. i didn't notice that at first, but ubuntu
> is definitely a big part of my life (as are refurbished computers --
> http://redecoratingtipsfor.blogspot.com)
>
>      my friend henry david thoreau suggested i format my macbook with
> ubuntu and i've been having a grand time on my macbook ever since i
> followed his suggestion.
>
>           phil
>
> a small favor to ask from others on this list. i work at a public library
> and drink information by the gallon rather than by the cup. twitter limits
> me to 2,000 followers until i have 2,000 followers of my own.  i currently
> have 1,300 followers and need to boost that up past 2,000.
>
>   if you have a twitter account, thanks for following me at
> http://www.twitter.com/philshapiro    i usually tweet no more than 20 or
> 30 tweets per week -- and try to have a high signal to noise ratio.
>
> --
> Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
> http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html
> http://www.twitter.com/philshapiro