[CWN-Summit] Did anyone submit a proposal for Google Fiber this Friday?

Ben West westbywest at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 15:31:43 CDT 2010

Earlier this month, Google announced its intention to build 500,000 1Gbit
fiber connections across the US.
http://www.google.com/appserve/fiberrfi/

I put together a RFI on behalf of the WasabiNet mesh that I operate in St.
Louis, MO, and updated the website substantially in lieu of the proposal.
http://gowasabi.net/
http://sites.google.com/site/wasabinetwifi/Home

In particular, I stressed how mesh node technology could used to easily
distribute a 1Gbit uplink to ~200 nodes over 3-4 square miles, which minimum
5Mbit bandwidth available at each node assuming ideal antenna placement.

Interestingly, the city of St. Louis also put together its own proposal,
with a focus on bringing fast service to the downtown corridor to attract
cloud computing companies.
http://stlcin.missouri.org/googlefiber/

Did anyone else in the US submit their own RFI?

--
Ben West
westbywest at gmail.com

believed to be clean.