[CWN-Summit] Beamforming

Brough Turner broughturner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 21:41:13 CDT 2010

Hi Mitar,

I don't know a lot about GoNet, but there is a white paper on their
website which I read last spring.  I attempted to get some
clarification on whether the "RF chains" shown in that paper were full
radio chains and the DSP was doing MIMO.  I never got a clear answer,
however I didn't press the issue very hard.

The block diagram in their white paper suggests they are doing 4x4
MIMO but the text doesn't mention MIMO.  Also, whatever is being done,
is a proprietary but compatible extension to 802.11g rather than an
implementation of 802.11n (for which both MIMO and beamforming are
defined).

If anyone knows more or gets an answer from GoNet, I'm certainly interested.

Thanks,
Brough

Mobile: +1 617 285-0433   Skype: brough
Blog: http://blogs.broughturner.com/