[CWN-Summit] 2011 Summit

Marco Figueiredo marco at cci.cs.loyola.edu
Wed Apr 27 13:34:36 CDT 2011

CWN Summit Organizers,

Do you have plans already in place for the 2011 CWN Summit?

Are you looking for a location?

I'd like to offer to provide the space for the summit at the CCI in
Columbia MD if you haven't selected a place yet.

We miss this great group and it would be a pleasure to host you again.
Maryland is gearing up to connect
all government facilities with gigabit broadband to be finished by
2013. This is going to be a fiber network
that will be open for small businesses/NGOs to tap in and provide
services to the private sector. I believe this
is the time for community wireless networks to flourish in this area
and provide ubiquitous wifi access.
Howard County is leading the broadband effort in Maryland and the
Loyola Center for Community
Informatics is at the center of it all.

Let me know if and when you want to come here again.

Best,

Marco

Marco Figueiredo
Director - Center for Community Informatics
Loyola University Maryland
mafigueiredo at loyola.edu
cci.cs.loyola.edu