[CWN-Summit] G8: Protect the Net

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Sun May 22 10:46:38 CDT 2011

Hi!

Forwarding the invitation for signing the petition about open and
neutral Internet.

Mitar

For the first time, the leaders of the G8 developed countries are going
to discuss internet policy. Instead of promoting net neutrality and user
privacy and combating online censorship, the French government has
locked civil society out of these conversations, while inviting CEOs --
some of whom paid $100,000 for their seat at the table -- who are
pushing policies like strict intellectual property enforcement, which
will line corporate pockets while curtailing our digital rights.

Unless we speak out now, decisions about internet policy are going to be
made at the highest levels without our voices represented. Please sign
this urgent petition calling on the G8 to adopt citizen-centered
internet policies, which we’ll deliver at a press conference to the
world media on Monday in Paris.

https://www.accessnow.org/page/s/g8-protect-the-net