[IS4CWN] unconference session today

Mitar mitar at tnode.com
Sun Oct 7 19:19:24 UTC 2012

Hi!

To be a bit more constructive, instead of trying to recreate existing
work and things which are already there, we all (communities) would
probably find some common full-time librarian very useful. But the
process should be inverse: going over existing wikis of all of us (and
Wikipedia), improving them, interlinking with other wiki contents (you
would know if something similar is happening somewhere else, some
relevant resource there). If somebody would do this all the time, this
"cleaning" stuff, those iterations, this would be great. It would also
make communities more connected. Because currently nobody is regularly
reading content and documentation of all the work everybody is doing.
And it would be great if somebody would do that and then point each
other to "hey, that is doing something similar, you might connect" or
"this manual here is a more in-depth version of the manual you have".

So in the time of Internet a role of librarian is not to make archives
and collect data on one spot but to put order to chaos of too much
information all around and introducing links between information. You do
not have to copy content over, you can just link it. This is what
hyper-text is about.

Mitar