[CWN-Summit] IS4CWN - Lightning Talks Sign-ups

Seamus Tuohy s2e at opentechinstitute.org
Wed Sep 19 18:29:55 UTC 2012

Hello,

As in previous years, the International Summit for Community Wireless
Networks will begin with a series of lightning talks to allow any
attendee can give a brief overview of their work. We know that, often,
the most valuable part of a conference is the connections made. We
hope that everyone at IS4CWN who has an interesting new project or
update to share will give a lightning talk. To accommodate the
traditional excess of presenters we have extended the lightning talks
to two sessions on Thursday the 4th.

Lightning talks will be run in "ignite" style. Each speaker will have
5 minutes to complete their talk, using 20 slides that will each be
shown for 15 seconds. After each lightning talk, the moderator will
run a five minute question and answer session while the next speaker?s
presentation is loaded.

For those who are interested in learning more about the ?ignite? style
of lightning talk, or want some resources on how to prepare and give a
great lightning talk, we recommend the following set of links.

Scott Berkun - How to Give a Great Ignite Talk
http://www.speakerconfessions.com/2009/06/how-to-give-a-great-ignite-talk/

Jason Grigsby - How to Give a Successful Ignite Presentation
http://userfirstweb.com/328/successful-ignite-presentations/

Cory Forsyth - How to Give an Ignite Talk
http://coryforsyth.com/2009/02/24/how-to-give-an-ignite-talk/

Ignite PHX - 5 Myths About Being an Ignite Presenter
http://www.ignitephoenix.com/2009/01/28/5-myths-about-being-an-ignite-phoenix-presenter/

Ignite PHX - 5 Reasons Why Your Submission to Ignite Phoenix Sucks
http://www.ignitephoenix.com/2009/01/07/5-reasons-why-your-submission-to-ignite-phoenix-sucks/

Bess Gallanis - My journey to Ignite Chicago
http://bessgallanis.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/my-journey-to-ignite-chicago-2/

Please respond if you would like to give a lightning talk. Time slots
will be filled as responses are received. Include the presenter's name
and the title of the lightning talk in your e-mail. If you have a
preference for one of the two time-slots on the 4th please include
this as well.

If possible, slides should be sent to the IS4CWN organizers before the
conference. Otherwise, please bring the individual set of slides in a
operating system agnostic format such as .jpg, or .png and give them
to the lightning talk organizer before the session begins.

Thank you,
Seamus Tuohy