[EclecticSeizure] upcoming broadcasts

Spineless Books william at spinelessbooks.com
Wed Aug 14 10:24:10 CDT 2002

Tonight the show will be concerned with the Collage Technique: the music
of Oswald, Zorn, Zappa, Belew, Negativland, The Tape Beatles, and
Gaburo. I am open to suggestions.

What is the collage technique? It's something I can identify though I
haven't theorized it. In, for example, Donald Barthelme's "The Genius," we
have a story that reads like a collage. It is a series of glimpses of a
character, but does not have what I would call a story or narrative. Yet
it is not disjointed, there is a continuity there.

One of these upcoming eclectic weeks will be the 20-Consonant Radio
revival, after I have a chance to digitize some of those old tapes of
20-Consonant music, poetry, and radio theater. (A digital remastering of
"You gotta have queer licks baby if you wanna jazz up the mix" has
surfaced, thanks to the efforts of recovering former Eclectic Seizure
engineer Trevor Kajilligard (sic).)

And coming up on September 11th, the show will be about September 11th,
and, pending approval from the Programming Committee, feature the year in
Newspoetry as well as some texts originally published in Context
(www.centerforbookculture.org)

And and and as always, I am open to visitors, coconspirators,
collaborators, ideas, recordings, obscene phone calls, sound effects, and
electric shocks.

Yours in Eclectinamity,
The Eclectic Guy

Spineless Books