[EclecticSeizure] Eet. In both cities, light concre

Carroll Klatte cloudlet at lrehosting.com
Thu Apr 29 06:41:46 CDT 2010

Explosion, following which the internal organs had been injured in a
manner resembling that consequent upon

Roentgen irradiation. This produces a diminution in the numbers of
the white corpuscles. Only several cases are known to me personally
where individuals who did not have external burns later died. Father
Kleinsorge and Father
Cieslik, who were near the center of the explosion, but who did not
suffer burns became quite
weak some fourteen days after the explosion. Up to this time small
incised wounds had healed normally, but thereafter the wounds
which were still unhealed became worse and are to date (in September)
still incompletely healed. The attending physician diagnosed
it as leucopania. There thus seems to be some truth in the statement
that the radiation
had some effect on the
blood. I am of the opinion,
however, that their generally undernourished
and weakened condition was partly responsible for these findings. It
was noised
about that the ruins of
the city emitted deadly rays and that workers who went there to aid
in the clearing died, and that the central district would be
uninhabitable for some time to come. I have my doubts as to whether
such
talk is true and myself and others who worked in the ruined area for
some hours shortly after the explosion suffered no such ill effects.
None of us in those days heard a single
outburst against the Americans on the
part of the Japanese, nor was there any

evidence of a vengeful spirit. The Japanese suffered this terrible
blow as part of the fortunes of war
.. something to be borne without complaint. During this, war, I have
noted relatively little hatred toward the allies on the part of the
people themselves, although the press has taken occasion to stir up
such feelings.
After the victories at the beginning of the war, the enemy was rather
looked down upon, but when allied offensive gathered momentum and
especially after the advent of the majestic B-29's, the technical

believed to be clean.