[Gas] Re: debugging question

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Tue Jun 5 18:22:57 CDT 2001

> Perhaps some caller() output or Carp::cluck()/Carp::confess() output would
> help with a stacktrace?  cluck() might be best because it's what ch1XenZz
> d0!!!1

I'm not sure that will help except if it is inserted at the point
where the die happens which in this case is in the DBI code. So we'd
have to fork off our own version of DBI.  (actually I guess they are
warn's not die's).

I guess maybe we could do something tricky with a __WARN__ handler, or
even better just override the warn method (which I guess is what Carp
does...we just have to make sure it is properly overridden in the
scope of the DBI module. I'll look into this too.