[Gas] Re: Changed Gas::form_preamble()

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Thu May 17 01:28:28 CDT 2001

> $form = $gas->form_preamble( "GET", to=>'foo' );
>
> or,
>
> $form = $gas->form_preamble( {method=>"GET", form_name=>"bar"},
> 							 to=>'foo' );

I wonder if it might make sense to structure this like this instead
(in keeping with the style of other Gas stuff):

$form = $gas->form_preamble( -method => "GET",
                             -form_name => "bar",
                             [ to => 'foo', from =>'baz', meef=>1 ] );

It just makes sense to me that if anything deserves to be grouped into
a hash it is the key/vals rather than the function's other unrelated
parameters. It would have to be a anon array since there may be 2 vals
for 1 key.

The function itself would start something like this then:

sub form_preamble {
        my @keyvals = @{pop @_};  # in the old subroutine this was @param
        my %params = @_;
#...