[Gas] Gas and Des.pm

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Fri May 28 11:06:22 CDT 2004

You've already got write access to CVS on cvs.chambana.net
(imsahp.cu.groogroo.com, my server).

cvs -d ":ext:brandon at cvs.chambana.net:/var/cvs" checkout gas

Yah, I guess it wasn't a "major" rewrite. In my head I was thinking
"well if I'm going to rewrite this anyway, I'd like to overhaul the
entire way that this links into the rest of the application.

Thanks for the update.

Brandon Bowersox wrote:
> I've attached the version of AuthManager.pm that OJC Technologies is
> currently using in its WebEasel application (see www.webeasel.net).
> We switched it to use Crypt::Des replacing Des.pm.  It was a pretty
> easy switch, so perhaps by "major rewriting" you were thinking of
> other improvements or a different algorithm.
>
> Feel free to contact me with questions.  And if people are interested
> I could check this in to Gas over remote CVS if given CVS access to
> do so.
>
> Brandon
> brandon at ojctech.com
>
> >Just FYI, I can't for the life of me get Des.pm to compile against
> >Perl 5.8.
> >
> >Des.pm is ancient and hasn't been updated since 1994.
> >
> >AuthManager is the only thing that uses Des.pm.
> >
> >So if you or other OJCers ever work on a Gas project in the future, be
> >aware that AuthManager needs major rewriting.
> >
> >--
> >Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://wolfgang.groogroo.com/
> >IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet - Ya Basta!
> >  Social Justice, Community, Nonviolence, Decentralization, Feminism,
> >  Sustainability, Responsibility, Diversity, Democracy, Ecology

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]