[Imc-events] Art Opening Friday at the IMC

Jennifer Stewart jlstewar at s.psych.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 17 10:13:20 CDT 2002

"I Want to Change the World - But I Can't Get out of the House"

Sandra Ahten, Urbana artist, displays paintings, drawings, crocheted
sculpture, and  prints, as well as handmade dolls, books and masks that in
some way tie in with her ongoing personal dilemma suggested by the title of
the show.  The chaotic assemblage of artwork is characteristic of the chaos
experienced as one tries to juggle a life filled with such things as social
justice activism, self help and introspection, and the simultaneous burden
and glory of femininity and domesticity.

A mixed media art show by Sandra Ahten
Where: Independent Media Center, 218 W. Main Street, Urbana IL 61801

Show Dates: April 19 - May 12,  2002
during IMC hours: Weekday 4-9pm; Saturday and Sunday Noon-9pm

Opening:
Friday, April 19: 4-8pm
Saturday April 20: Noon- 4pm

Artist Talk and Facilitated Discussion: "How to Change the World and Still
Take Care of Yourself."
Friday, April 19: 7:30pm

Sandra Ahten can be contacted at 217-367-6345 or spiritofsandra at hotmail.com