[Imc-events] This week @ the IMC

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Mon Feb 18 09:45:14 CST 2002

Tuesday, 2/19, 7pm-10pm: Black Cat Music

	Black Cat Music, The Realiation Project, and The Gunga Dins
	will be playing. Cover is $6.  I'd say more about this, but
	I'm guessing others will chime in to hype this...

Wednesday, 2/20,

	5:30-7pm: Yoga with Shelly Massar.

	  Now free for IMC members, and $12 for others.  Wear
	  comfortable clothes and bring a blanket or mat.  Contact
	  shelly9 at home.com for more details.

	7-9pm: Prairie Greens

	  Local green party members will be meeting, as they do each 1st
	  and third Wednesday of the month.  All are welcome.

Thursday, 2/21, 8-10pm: Adam Brodsky and Joni Lawrence

	Anti-folk hero Adam Brodsky makes the trip from Philly for his
	second visit to the IMC, as part of a whirlwind po-dunk
	midwestern tour.  Local folk wonder Joni Lawrence will be
	opening.  $7 cover.

Friday,  2/22, 8-10pm: Cabaret

	A gaudy eruption of music, drama, theatre, comedy, food, and drink
	in an open mic / open stage format.

Saturday, 2/23

	10am: Backspace work party

	  Come help sand and paint the back-back room.  Free freshly
	  baked bread and fruit for all proles.

	7:30pm: The Dynamo Theorem, Little Joe Gould, and NadaFinger

	  Mo Music.  I'll let Jenny give details.  I don't know what the
	  cover will be.

The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center is open daily.  Stop by
to browse our library of progressive books and periodicals, use our
free, high-speed internet connection, and refresh with a natural
snack.  Check out our website at http://www.ucimc.org, tune in to WEFT
90.1 FM on Mondays at 5pm to hear local, community produced news and
public affairs, and look for the public i at businesses and community
centers throughout Champaign Urbana.  For more information, contact
the UCIMC at 344-8820.