[Imc-events] Folk Week

Zach - UCIMC Folk Music Coordinator zcmshows at ucimc.org
Mon Apr 14 17:39:43 CDT 2003

It's Folk Week at the IMC!

Tuesday Night - G. Lee, Vicki Salz, and Eleni Moraites - 8pm-11pm
Songwriters Showcase

Wednesday Night - Alix Olson with Amy Gilgan - 9pm-11pm
Slam/Performance Poetry

Thursday Night - Doria Roberts and Open Stage - 8pm-10pm
Radical R&B-tinged Funky Folk - Cabaret Featured Performer

Friday Night - Beth Amsel and Brian Webb
	with MJ Walker and Fictive Kin - 8pm-10:30pm
Roots Folk - Boneyard Arts Festival.

Four nights in a row of so many different styles of acoustic music
with musical inspirations from jazz, funk, R&B, blues, country, roots
music and with Wednesday night's spoken word event.

Rumor has it that on Wednesday night Pamela Means will be in Alix
Olson's band and Doria Roberts will be in her audience. That is going
to be one killer night.

Friday night you can view the new art in our gallery as well as hear
Beth Amsel (from Voices on the Verge) and Brian Webb and MJ Walker and
Fictive Kin (you may remember me mentioning my personal "5 best
folkies of CU" list...MJ is definitely in there!).

And I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Take the folk music
survey at http://folk.chambana.net and I'll send you a free sampler CD
of upcoming shows. It's easy. It's cool.

The IMC is a non-profit, volunteer-operated, non-smoking, all-ages
venue located at 218 W. Main, Urbana, (next to The Office, near
Strawberry Fields and Piccadilly). 217-344-8820. BYOB, if 21+.

(I want to make sure everyone knows that no one at the IMC is turned
away for inability to pay. If you want to hear this music and you
_really_ can't afford the suggested donations talk to our door person
about it and pay what you can. All the money raised at these shows
goes _directly_ to supporting the artists and the space and the shows
will not be possible without the generous donations of our
concert-goers but I'd rather see you at the IMC than missing this great
music just because you feel like you can't afford the show.)

UCIMC Folk Music Coordinator - http://shows.ucimc.org/
UC Folk Music Associatation - http://folk.chambana.net/
Just Another Leftist Muppet - Ya Basta! - Share and Enjoy