[Imc-events] Jason Webley and Party TONIGHT

Zach - UCIMC Folk Music Coordinator zcmshows at ucimc.org
Fri Aug 1 13:15:59 CDT 2003

There are TWO IMC events TONIGHT and you can go to both of them!

At 8pm Jason Webley will be playing at the Channing-Murray for just $5!

After the show, walk over to the Espresso Royale Cafe for an IMC
Fundraising party of DJ music and poetry.

Here's what The Paper's Edward Burch had to say about Jason Webley:
http://www.thepaperthewebsite.com/Archives/Current/Page%2014.pdf

  Calling to mind a swirling mesh of French folk songs, Tom Waits
  alcoholic sentimentalism, and the Pogues...alco- holic
  sentimentalism, Seattle-based troubadour Jason Webley is an outright
  freak and I mean that in a good way.  Armed with an accordion, a vodka
  bottle shaker, and a voice of gravel (or maybe boulders), Webley has
  amassed a following up and down the West Coast, not to mention the
  East. By East, I mean that area of the globe that we used to call the
  Second World--Russia. Rocking, and more often sauntering, everywhere
  from the Kremlin to Bumbershoot (whether he's been invited or not),
  Webley always leaves an impression. Be it his annual Halloween suicide
  accompanied by resurrection the following spring (usually with a new
  album) or being tied naked to a tree in the freezing Northwestern air,
  Webley has the grass roots promotion schtick down.  Come to the
  Channing-Murray this Friday night to witness for yourself why his
  music is able to unite Goth punks and aging hippies, and whatever may
  exist in between.

The Channing-Murray (above the Red Herring)
1209 W. Oregon St., Urbana, IL 61801
(217) 344-8820