[Imc-events] The Skeleton Danse is this Friday!

Jason Pitzl-Waters jpitzl at wildhunt.org
Mon Mar 24 20:00:32 CST 2003

Friday March 28th
 From 8pm-12am

Skeleton Danse, the other spring break activity!
http://www.wildhunt.org/skeleton/
U-C's all-ages Gothic and Darkwave dance event

First off, I would like to give my condolences to the family and friends of
Rebecca (Becki) Jackson, a long-time member of our scene and a truly
marvelous person who recently passed away.

http://www.osirisani.com/q/vwm.php?x=becki
(a touching web memorial by Tarik)
http://www.wildhunt.org/dh/photos/picnic5.jpg
(a picture of Becki from many moons ago from a picnic at Allerton Park)

In honor of her passing we will be having a memorial toast at the end of
the evening for all who would like to participate.

In the middle room check out art from the "As It Happens" show, an
exhibition of photography by local scene members Julia Groves and Andrew
Reynolds.
For more information check out the gallery website at:
http://www.gallery.ucimc.org

As always, our local goth DJ's will keep the floor moving.
* Czyrxis (Trae, resident Goth DJ for the Assembly)
* DJ Zozo (Jason, host of "TheSkysGoneOut")
*DJ Rickbats (former DJ for Synthetic Void in St. Louis)

* The first twenty people to arrive will get a FREE Skeleton Danse mix CD
of hot new Gothic and Darkwave tracks!

Last month's Skeleton Danse had a great turnout!
In fact you can see some new photos taken by Jill from last month on the
Lix website!
http://www.lixonline.com/skeleton_dance_2_28_03.htm
We hope to see you at the March Skeleton Danse!

The event is held @
The Independent Media Center
218 W. Main St, Urbana, IL
(that is right next to the Office bar in downtown Urbana)

The venue is all ages, and doesn't serve alcohol but *is* BYOB for you
(over 21) drinkers.

Jason Pitzl-Waters
The Skeleton Danse
http://www.wildhunt.org/skeleton/