[Imc-makerspace] Makerspace Fundraising Party!

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 19:55:07 CDT 2010

Hi All,

Recently Nicole Pion, another AmeriCorps worker at the IMC, brought up
the idea of throwing a fundraising party for the Makerspace. Books to
Prisoners has done this kind of thing in the past and raised a
significant chunk of change.

We'd invite local people who are interested in being members and/or
local technologists who would be interested in funding a project like
the Makerspace. They'd be invited to bring their checkbook :)

The general format is a dinner of some kind, made by us or others.
Chuck and Ivan have volunteered to make pizzas and soups. We can put
on the dinner wherever want - someone's house, the IMC, the Makerspace
room, etc.

After a few of us could give a really short spiel about the
Makerspace, what it means to us, what we've done, where we are and
where we want to go.

At the end of the dinner we politely ask for donations.

At the open hours tonight, it seems like there's a lot of interest in
putting this kind of event on.

Nicole, thanks for the suggestion and being willing to help. What are
the next steps?

Thanks!
Brian

--