[Imc-makerspace] Makerspace Fundraising Party!

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Tue Apr 27 13:18:29 CDT 2010

Hi, Nicole,

Wednesday evenings at 7:00PM  are when the Makerspace people usually meet.
It's not a good night for me, though.    Friday would be better for me
this week, or Wednesday of next week.

As for the Makerspace party venue, I think that upstairs at the IMC
feels more open for a public gathering.
What would be really cool is if we could identify a potential
Technology/Design-savvy sponsor who has a really bitchen location in
town, who could host the party.   Like one of the sponsors of
Pecha-Kucha.   http://thecudo.org/pecha-kucha
http://www.pecha-kucha.org/night/champaign-urbana

I think it's very cool that OJC Technologies did the walkabout iPhone
app for Boneyard Arts Festival.   http://www.ojctech.com    We should
have somebody like them on our side.   Do they do product design?

I have been proposing giving a presentation on the Makerspace for
Pecha-Kucha night -- the next one is at the end of July.
I would be happy to be one of the Fundraising Party Spielers.   I have
been thinking in terms of video-augmented presentation, so it would be
nice if the party venue could support that.

I look forward to planning the Makerspace Fundraising Party!

Cheers,

-Stewart, http://us.imdb.com/Name?Stewart+Dickson
http://www.ifp.uiuc.edu/~sdickson
http://emsh.calarts.edu/~mathart/MathArt_siteMap.html