[Imc-makerspace] Makerspace Radio Show? [Fwd: Re: [hackerspaces] Hippie Hacker Tour 010]

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 16:50:05 CDT 2010

Indeed. I would love to start a Makerspace radio show on WRFU. I think
there's a distinct lack of live, vocal discussion about tech in this
community.

If I were on such a show, I'd want to discuss local, national and
international tech policy. It would be fun to have weekly live
discussions over IP, net neutrality and free speech and technology as
they relate to one another... but that's just me! There are way more fun
things we could think of to let people know about the underground tech
scene in CU. Ideas?

I've asked a couple of people in the 'Space if they'd be interested in
such a show and the responses have been positive. Also, Barry has a
great radio voice :)

I'm willing to commit to becoming a member of WRFU and doing a show.
Once you're trained in operating the studio soundboard, its a commitment
of one hour a week. Anyone else interested?

Brian

On 8/23/10 7:19 AM, Stewart Dickson wrote:
>  Apparently, the Hackerspace in The Hague (Netherlands) has a radio show.
> Sounds like a good membership-building tool to me.
>
> -Stewart

Brian Duggan
Technical Projects Developer
UC Independent Media Center