[Imc-makerspace] Proposed by-laws draft

Brian Sheppard bshepp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 16:35:02 CST 2010

Based on everyones input here is my proposed constitution with notes in the
( )

*MakerSpace Constitution Draft*

*Mission Statement*

Makerspace Urbana is dedicated to enabling the blend of arts, humanites,
science and technology. Our mission is to provide an open community lab
where people of diverse backgrounds can learn, teach, tinker, collaborate,
share, innovate, socialize, and create."

*Consensus based organization* – All decisions are made by consensus vote at
regular public meetings.(position assignments, changes to constitution,
etc…)

*Transparency* – A reasonable effort will be made post all club
documentation online(forums, by-laws, meeting minutes, hacdc.org style)

*Green* – A reasonable effort will be made to use non-toxic materials and
dispose of our waste in an environmentally safe manner.

*Anyone can be a member -*

All members must sign a liability waiver if they use tools at the Makerspace

*Non-Paying members are entitled to*

-Two free sessions at the Makerspace(co-op type workshops?)

*Paying members are entitled ($20 a month, may be waived by a consensus vote
at a regular meeting)*

-24-hour access to the Makerspace if you have complied with the IMC’s key
policy

-Use of all shop tools unless training is required

-A vote in the decision making process

believed to be clean.