[Imc-makerspace] Kickstarter

SB Poet soapboxpoet at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 22:09:08 CDT 2010

Howdy,
Tis Matt.  Let's kickstart the talk about this project.  What's everyone thinking?  Do we want to apply to kickstart to build our own, we provide the service of installing other kits?  I say we try and build our own kit first.  since we can buy the drill motors seperate, let's try and stick the motor above the pedals and have it assist the pedal.  It won't push you it just helps.  Where I think we can do some dammage is make it solar powered with the option of attaching a battery.  I say the more modual the better so we can promote it as a diy kit.  The major problem I see is getting it all to connect.  The parts ez but maybe a special braket or such.  That's where we can make our money, sell off the kits or sell of the bracket and blueprints.  I got an old friend that has his own custom machine shop that ill try and gauge his interest in.  This all sounds pretty cheap, so I think we could put it on kickstarter for like $300.  Yay/nay?