[Imc-makerspace] June business meeting tonight

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Wed Jun 2 15:10:15 CDT 2010

My daughter is planning to make some cookies and/or brownies.
I'll see if I can scare up any eating implements.

I went and visited Fred(?) at Tri-Color Locksmiths on University
Avenue.   I thought that he had a sign-cutting laser
a couple or three years ago.   He has a Roland knife-cutter now.

He used to be an electrical engineer, working on missile guidance
controllers for "Star Wars" during the 1980's.
He says that he has a circuit-building shop complete with a
wave-soldering machine.   He doesn't use it any longer
and is wondering what to do with it.
We need to go pay him a visit and talk to him.  I left him a flyer.
Don't know if he will come.

I visited Trophy Time on South Locust (near Bombay Grill off First.)
They do have a laser.   I left some artwork for a quote, but haven't
heard back from them.
I also left some flyers.

-Stewart

Brian Duggan wrote:
> We decided a month ago that we would have regular monthly business
> meetings on the first Wednesday of the month. Tonight is June's business
> meeting.
>
> Agenda:
>
> Makerspace Fundraiser on June 3 (Tomorrow!)
>
> 1) Great job on publicity. I think we hit most of the major lists and
> calendars that we intended. I also personally plastered most of downtown
> Urbana, First Street and some of downtown Champaign with beautiful color
> flyers last week.
>
> 2) Still need a membership handout.
>
> 3) Update on foods for tomorrow evening. So far I've got
> 	Chuck: mostaccioli
> 	Gergana: Bulgarian pastries
> 	Ivan: lentils and beans
> 	Meme: rice dish
>
> And I think we need:
>
> 	A beverage of some sort
> 	Stuff to eat off of - plates, bowls, forks & spoons, cups and napkins.
>
> Can someone volunteer to bring some of these?
>
> 5) Josh secured the projector for tomorrow night.
>
> 5) Anything else we need?
>
> Other agenda items besides the fundraiser? That's all that's been going
> through my head lately?
>
> See people tonight!
>
> Brian

believed to be clean.