[Imc-makerspace] Foundations of Art & Technology Re: [UC-ODDMUSIC-discuss] Oddmusic is having space issues.

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Sat Mar 20 11:00:08 CDT 2010

Here is a course that I have been developing since I first proposed it
to UNC-Asheville in 2006.
http://netfiles.uiuc.edu/sdickson/www/Art_and_Technology/ART%2BTech_Syllabus.html
> A historic overview of the interplay between art and technology and
> cultural evolution. Given that technology drives social change, we
> examine Art which has consciously sought to use the physical and
> intellectual tools from the frontier of knowledge. The student should
> gain an appreciation of the artist as an intellectual investigator,
> able to wield the tools of science and industry for Art.  [To subvert
> the tools of the Military-Industrial Complex to making Art.]
This should probably be moved to a new server, as it will probably be
deleted at some point (when CITES notices).

*This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act,
18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, or agent responsible for delivering or
copying of this communication, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender that you have received the
message in error, then delete it. Thank you.*

"Who are the Brain Police?" --Frank Zappa, "Freak Out" June 27, 1966

believed to be clean.