[Imc-makerspace] Makerspace Meeting Minutes for Nov 3

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 18:20:10 CDT 2010

Updates:

The University students who were involved with the FIRST robotics
challenge have reformed into a group and have gotten some funding.
Makerspace would still like to be their build space. Brian is following up.

Actions:

Derek reviewed all the Catan board game rules and basically designed
tourney ladders for all scenarios. Gergana proposed a Catan tourney
fundraiser on December 4 at 4:00pm. The main space is in use at 6:30. We
could push our fundraiser up a little.

Chuck's going to stock our fridge with beverages that should bring in
some extra cash.

We'll be doing another Makerspace original workshop on December 11.
We'll explore the many uses of mechanical relays and how they can be
configured to form digital logic gates and memory.

We also discussed our financial situation and the approach of December
15th, Makerspace's birthday and end of our current space sharing
agreement with the IMC.

Needs: More/better membership forms
       More keys
       Planning for Dec 4 tourney
       Sorting relays to prep for Dec 11 workshop

--
Brian Duggan
Technical Projects Developer