[Imc-makerspace] CMKT 4 Workshop was pretty awesome

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 13:42:34 CDT 2010

CMKT 4 were here on Friday night and we had a blast putting together the
bottlecap mic kits. There were around a dozen people in attendance and
seven or eight people bought kits from the band. Sean, I got you an
extra. We'll need a canister of Naptha to complete it, but it's worth it.

The band said that this was their best and smoothest workshop yet. One
of the members said that this is the kind of hackerspace he'd want to
join. They didn't perform, but they did get out their circuit-bent kit
and made some crazy noise with and without the contact mics. I got lots
of video. A builder brought a ukulele that the contact mic worked great on.

I put out the donation jar and the contact sheet. We got $10 in
donations and a few new people to add to the mailing list. CMKT 4
donated one of their "Bending Buddies" to help simplify circuit-bending.

It was a great time and we made contacts and a little scratch. Maybe
this is the kind of thing we should do ourselves?

Brian

--
Brian Duggan
Technical Projects Developer