[Imc-makerspace] Urbana City Council has approved the new WRFU tower

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 21:26:04 CDT 2011

All,

Tonight, the Urbana City Council unanimously voted to approve the
construction of a new 100 foot tower for WRFU. The new tower will allow
a much-improved broadcasting range and therefore an increase in WRFU
listener base. Much thanks to Tatyana Safronova, Ricardo Diaz, and Mike
Lehman for their tireless work and dedication to this project.
Congratulations to all members of WRFU.

WRFU encourages co-location of radio equipment on the tower, since it
will be the only radio tower in the historic downtown Urbana district.
This means that current and future mesh wifi projects will be able to
take advantage of the new tower when we are ready.

There is still much work to be done, including fundraising and the
actual construction of the tower site itself. I encourage all who
support community radio and community broadband to support WRFU in their
efforts.

Hooray!
Brian

--