[Imc-makerspace] Play Whack-a-Murdoch

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Thu Aug 18 14:55:16 CDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	The Trouble with Rupert
Date: 	Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:29:33 +0000
From: 	Josh Stearns, FreePress.net <info at freepress.net>
To: 	Stewart Dickson <mathart at emsh.calarts.edu>

Free Press <http://www.freepress.net/>
<http://act2.freepress.net/go/5635?akid=2761.9117198.PHU198&t=1>
*

Dear Stewart,

Rupert Murdoch's problems — including possible illegal behavior in the
U.K. and the U.S. — won’t go away no matter how hard he tries to cover
them up.

On Tuesday,  British authorities released a letter that exposes a
massive News Corp. cover-up of illegal phone hacking.^1

This is a serious scandal, but we aren't afraid to have a little fun at
Murdoch's expense: **

*Today we're launching a game — Whack a Murdoch
<http://act2.freepress.net/go/5635?akid=2761.9117198.PHU198&t=2> — that
helps you vent your anger about News Corp*.

If you combined Rupert Murdoch’s media empire
<http://act2.freepress.net/go/5635?akid=2761.9117198.PHU198&t=3> with a
game of “Whack a Mole,” you’d get something like this addictive game
<http://act2.freepress.net/go/5635?akid=2761.9117198.PHU198&t=4>. Check
it out to discover how much Murdoch owns across the U.S. — and take out
some of your frustration on News Corp. while you’re at it.

After you play the game, take action and join our call for congressional
hearings into News Corp.'s misbehavior. We’re not going to let Murdoch
smother this scandal — and neither should you.

*Play Whack a Murdoch*
<http://act2.freepress.net/go/5635?akid=2761.9117198.PHU198&t=5>, learn
more about News Corp.'s consolidation and spread the word.

Thanks,

Josh Stearns
Associate Program Director
Free Press Action Fund
www.freepress.net

1. Nick Davies, “Phone Hacking: /News of the World/ Reporter’s Letter
Reveals Cover-up,” The /Guardian/, Aug. 16, 2011:
http://act2.freepress.net/go/5636?akid=2761.9117198.PHU198&t=7
<http://act2.freepress.net/go/5636?akid=2761.9117198.PHU198&t=6>

Free Press is a national, nonpartisan organization working to reform the
media. Learn more at www.freepress.net <http://www.freepress.net/>