[Imc-makerspace] Hey There

Charles Schultz sacrophyte at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 17:02:35 CDT 2011

Welcome to Chambana, Brady,

According to the list
archive<http://lists.chambana.net/pipermail/imc-makerspace/>,
this list is fairly active.
In terms of actually meeting and doing things, I am new myself, but I got
interested because "things were happening". Yeah, the web presence is a bit
of a different story, but I can forgive them for that. :) But folks are
indeed doing stuff. I know of a group that is meeting on Thursdays about a
WiFi Mesh network. Several groups recently wrapped up some summer projects,
and I am not sure if or how many more are planned for the near future.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 16:15, Brady Salz <brady.salz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> My name's Brady Salz, and I just moved in from Boston last week as a
> freshmen at the U of I. I was wondering if this makerspace was still active?
> There was a really great one in Boston, and I was hoping to find another one
> around here too. I only have basic Arduino experience, but I'm studying EE
> and hopefully I'll learn more as time goes on. The page looked rather dead,
> so that's why I'm asking.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Brady

Charles Schultz