[Imc-makerspace] Makerspace Urbana 2011 recap

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 13:07:27 CST 2011

Friends,
As we move into the new year, it's important to take a moment to remember
how awesome it is to have a place like Makerspace Urbana in our community.

We had a ton of successes this year, more than one person can list or
remember. If you're on this list, you've read about everything that's been
happening. Makerspace Urbana has held all kinds of workshops, social
events, tinkering, testing, and building this year.

Here's just a few:
- Pewter casting workshop
- Movie night!
- Jewelry making workshop
- Home router hacking workshop
- Intro to Linux
- Intro to HTML
- Weekly radio show "Techknowledge"
- Arduino programming workshop
- Build robots! at the Indymedia & Arts Festival
- "Throwie" building
- Mesh wifi group learned all about mesh networking
- Help Desk logged over 200 hours of service
- Great Global Hackerspace Challenge
- Mini Maker-Faire 2011 !!!

Please help Makerspace Urbana to continue making, creating, and doing in
2012 by giving a tax deductible
donation<http://ucimc.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=8>
.

Thank you for your support!