[Imc-makerspace] Fwd: Makerspace Budget 2011

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 18:02:15 CST 2011

I'm unclear, too, but the budget looks like it's supposed to be a
general idea. In the interest of openness, I'm fine with filling it out
and returning it. I want to help Durl in his new role as Treasurer.

I filled this out with some projections, some are probably ludicrous,
but I think it's mostly grounded in reality.

The membership line comes from a very rough estimate of the sum of
people who have already paid membership fees for 2011 and those that
have yet to make a pledge for 2011, but did in 2010.

The donation line is what I imagine the Help Desk could kick in over the
year. We'll have non-Help-Desk donations and PayPal donations, but since
that's never happened before (in appreciable sums), I have no idea how
to count that.

The Fundraising line is the best possible scenario for our planned
fundraisers and any money that comes from the Maker Faire in April.
Isak, does look at all reasonable to you?

We have not decided what to do with our little waterproof closet with a
sink, but a couple of people have brought up using it as a screen
printing area. Carl from the Bike Project expressed interest in storing
their screen printer in the room and using it there for some
compensation to the Makerspace. The Screen Printing line is pure guesswork.

Rent: $250 * 12

Equipment: We've got everything we need to learn and teach basic
electronics. We have all the computers and spare parts we need to put up
some public workstations and do workshops. I thought it would be nice to
have an o-scope and function generator, a Lego Mindstorms set, and a
combo lock. I guess that could all equal $1000.

Do people want to take a look and weigh in?

Brian