[Imc-makerspace] requesting... contributions for a documentary in Urbana

Isak Griffiths isak at ucimc.org
Wed Jul 6 17:39:52 CDT 2011

Think about your time in Urbana... What is your favorite memory? What is
your strongest memory?

What makes Urbana special is the people, and we hope to capture the voices
of everyday people through their shoes and their stories.

May we please include your memories in a documentary called "In my shoes?"
It's the story of everyday people and their stories -- in their own shoes.

                The first time I saw my wife.

                Learning to drive.

                Getting lost.

                Being found.

                Hold your first grandchild.

                Saying goodbye to your son.

                [what is your story?]

All we need is your memory, where in Urbana that was, and the shoes you were
wearing at time. [We'll return them, or you can donate them to charity.] You
can bring them to the IMC in downtown Urbana, or we can come get them from
you.

The catch -- I am currently collecting the shoes & memories, and hope to
have them all in hand by early next week.

Please be a part of capturing the spirit of the people of Urbana.

Please tell your friends.

Thank you,

Isak Griffiths

isak at ucimc.org / 217.840.4198

________________________

________________________

More specific details...

1. The shoes will be displayed as part of an art exhibit this fall, and can
be picked up or returned to you after the exhibit. Or, you can donate the
shoes; donated shoes will be given to Restoration Urban Ministries.

2. What we need *if you are donating the shoes*:  the shoes, the location of
the memory, and the memory. (Under 250 words would be appreciated.)

3. What we need *if you are lending the shoes*: in addition to the shoes,
the location of the memory, and the memory -- under 250 words -- we will
need your name and contact informantion.

4. If you are in Champaign-Urbana, we would be happy to come to you to
collect your memory and shoes. We hope to collect them this coming weekend
(July 9th, 10th), but could do so early next week.

5. We hope you are excited about becoming a part of the history of Urbana.
Thank you!

6. The IMC is located at 202 S. Broadway, Urbana; it is in the historic post
office building by Lincoln Square.

Again, if you have any questions, please let me know.