[Imc-makerspace] Arduino robotics workshop updates and things

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:35:28 CDT 2011

So I wanted to just keep everyone up to date on whats going down with the
arduino/robotics workshop this weekend because I think it's pretty
exciting.

1. We have two expert guest teachers running the arduino/robotics
workshop: Thomas
Houlahan and Brian Baker(Brian is coming in from out of town just for us).
Every year they teach a week-long course on Microcontrollers for IMSA high
school students, and this Saturday(7/23) they have prepared a special short
course for the Urbana Makerspace workshop series.

2. As Brian Duggan already mentioned to the group, hardware for the workshop
has been ordered and arrived and will be available for everyone to use even
after the workshop is over. A few more adruino boards still need to be
soldered up, which is great easy!! soldering practice for anyone who needs
it, so stop in tonight during open hours(7/20 @ 7pm) if you feel like
getting your solder on.

3. Some ways to help promote if your interested:
Send the facebook event page
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166102826794414 to anyone you think
might be interested.
Send the makerspaceu.net page http://makerspaceu.net/?q=node/16727 to anyone
who hates facebook.
Follow and retweet
http://twitter.com/makerspaceu<http://twitter.com/#!/makerspaceu>

Hopefully see you tonight,
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Putney
Senior Software Engineer

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
This electronic message contains information which may be privileged
and/or confidential. This information is intended for the exclusive use
of the individual(s), entity, or person(s) named or indicated above. Any
unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of any
parts of the contents of this message/information is strictly
prohibited by federal law. Any attempts to intercept this message are
in violation
of Title 18 U.S.C. 2511(1) of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act
(ECPA). All violators are subject to fines, imprisonment or civil
damages, or both.