[Imc-makerspace] Help with workshops this Wed during Open Hours 7-9pm

sean stevens sstevens at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 21:01:59 CDT 2011

I'll have to dig up the circuit from this... but it could be neat for
a Throwie++.  It's just a 555, some transistors, caps, and resistors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMNnJbeqqlI

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Brian Duggan <bcdugga at gmail.com> wrote:
> Makerspace Urbana is located in studio 16 (the basement) of the
> Independent Media Center. That's the old Post Office building North of
> Lincoln Square. You may have to ask someone how to get downstairs, but
> we'll be there at 7:00pm tonight.
>
> Thanks for your mail, Jeff. See folks tonight!
>
> Brian
>
> On 6/15/11 1:17 PM, Serge wrote:
>> Could you please remind me the location? It's going to be my 1st meeting.
>>
>> Serge
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Jun 14, 2011, at 9:02 AM, Jeffrey Putney <quaker at gmail.com
>> <mailto:quaker at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> So last week Brian and I put together a tentative plan on a series of
>>> workshops for July(see calendar), and we thought Open Hours this Wed
>>> would be a good time to get help and input from anyone interested to
>>> make this happen. Here is a short list of things we need to do, so if
>>> anything sounds like fun please come help:
>>>
>>> Planning: We have quite a few topic ideas but need to really define
>>> what should be covered in each one and start making workshop
>>> materials(presentation files, demo's, etc..).
>>> Publicity: fliers emails etc..
>>> Setup: for example we want to do an eagle cad workshop so we'll need
>>> to install it on as many computers as we can in the makerspace.
>>>
>>> And to get your mind started the first workshop we need help planning
>>> is a basic electronics workshop centered around the Throwie++.
>>> What is a Throwie++?
>>> We don't know yet, but we're pretty sure it has to do with taking the
>>> regular Throwie
>>> <http://graffitiresearchlab.com/projects/led-throwies/>(led/magnet/battery) to
>>> the next level and giving it features like:
>>> 1. Auto off during the day with a photoresistor?
>>> 2. Pulsing circuit to make it fade in and out?
>>> 3. Laser diode instead of regular diode (would look amazing in fog at
>>> night)?