[Imc-makerspace] 10, 000 Year Clock via Hack-a-Day w/ Stewart in the credits

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Thu Jun 23 19:43:57 CDT 2011

The HackaDay article has a link to an article in this month's "Wired"
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/06/10000-year-clock   Woo-hoo!
It says:
> The idea for the clock has been around since Danny Hillis first
> proposed it in WIRED magazine in 1995.
I first met with Danny in 1996.   That's 15 years ago.  The E.o.T. Cam
was done that year.
The Prototype1 page drove 85 hits to the E.O.T Cam page at Cal Arts
during the month of May.
21    85    0.10%    http://longnow.org/clock/prototype1 -- not much,
but it's on the chart.
We'll see if that goes up with articles in Wired and at HackaDay now.

Actually, it's a *lot* like the Orrery in "Lara Croft Tomb Raider".

Thanks, Sean!

-Stewart