[Imc-makerspace] This could be fun to participate in

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:32:57 CST 2011

I won't be there Thursday to discuss this, but Brian can talk about it in my
absence:

I recently reached out to a contact who works for UI Extension service as a
STEM educator. She is very interested in the Makerspace and I've had a
preliminary conversation about collaborations where MU would provide
educational tech/hack content workshops to the audiences she and her groups
serve: primarily middle school/high school students in various extension
based groups.

This collaboration could be the focus of our proposal- connecting
techie.hacjer expertise with existing partner groups within an established
network like 4H/Extension. Activities could begin with local groups in
Champaign and surrounding counties, but potentially (depending on the
funding level) could extend state or even nationwide.

-Chris