[Imc-makerspace] Fwd: Champaign-Urbana Community Fab Lab Electronics Summer Workshop

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:04:48 CDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Champaign-Urbana Community Fab Lab Electronics Summer Workshop
Date: 	Thu, 19 May 2011 18:46:02 -0500
From: 	Luke Scharf <lscharf at ILLINOIS.EDU>
To: 	FABLAB-ANNOUNCE at LISTSERV.ILLINOIS.EDU

CUC-FABLAB Electronics Summer Workshop (Lead Instructor: Mercedes Mane
<mailto:mercedes.mane at gmail.com>)
July 7th, July 15th, and July 21st from 9am-12pm

Join a series of workshops this summer at the Champaign-Urbana Community
Fab Lab and learn how to use Eagle to design circuits, use the Modela
milling machine to cut circuit boards and use an Arduino and FabISP to
program your “Hello World” board to blink and play music. The sessions
are independent and you can pick and choose any of them or do them all.

See attached flyer for details.

To enroll, please e-mail Mercedes Mane <mailto:mercedes.mane at gmail.com>
(mercedes.mane at gmail.com <mailto:mercedes.mane at gmail.com>).

Week 1: Saturday July 7th 9 am to 12 pm $15 age 14 and above (max 10
people) Learn the basic electronic components (resistors, capacitors,
diodes, leds etc). Learn to use Eagle software to design circuits and
printed circuit boards. Design your own Hello World board and cut it on
a table top CNC milling machine using copper plated boards.

Week 2: Saturday July 15th 9 am to 12 pm $30 (including parts) age 14
and above (max 10 people) Learn to solder surface mount components. You
get the opportunity to assemble your own board (designed and cut the
week before) or use one of the boards we made.

Week 3: Saturday July 21st 9 am to 12 pm $15 age 14 and above (max 10
people) Learn how to program your Hello World board using Arduino and
FabISP. We will teach you how to program your Hello World board to flash
an RGB led (red green blue) at the push of a button and we will
challenge you to program your board to play music.