[Imc-makerspace] How hard is it to partition a network to be split between private and public?

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 11:17:45 CDT 2011

A proof of concept is definitely possible. We've been working on setting up
exactly what Brian has described in the mesh wifi group. Our focus has been
to additionally define an ad-hoc interface and associated firewall/dnsmasq
configurations to facilitate traffic between wireless routers. This would be
useful in the case of one router, connected to a single internet source,
which would then share the bandwidth across multiple access points.

It would be even simpler in the case of a single access point, which would
not require additional mesh configuration.